One question that I am often asked when someone is about to start boot camp is whether they need to be in shape to begin this type of program. The answer always is a strong and definite “NO”.
A few things we tell people who are worried about this include:
- It doesn’t matter where you start – our job to take you from where you are not to where you want to be. You’ve not been able to do it on your own, so let us ensure you are moving on the right track.
- You do NOT have to meet a certain fitness level to participate. You can modify your intensity level for a personalized workout.
- Programs can be customized so you work at your own pace.
- Even if you are not fit to begin with, you will not embarrass yourself. Here’s why:
- Nobody is actually looking at you, they are usually focused on their own workout
- The trainer’s job is to help you
- Remember that the more fit people are be pushed to work harder with more difficult versions of the same exercise you are doing
Fitness is for everyone – no matter where you start
A well run fitness program, like CFC’s fitness boot camp, accommodates all levels of fitness among individuals starting out. They have to do so because that is the reality of the world around us. We are all ages, all sizes and shapes, and at all levels of fitness. As a result, each individual needs a program designed just for where he or she is starting out and a set of goals that will get them to the level where they will benefit the most from group dynamics.
Exercising in this manner means you can work at your own pace and you will never be embarrassed, because everyone around you probably was at you level at one time or another. In fact, you will actually find a lot of support and encouragement to succeed.