Wondering what the top obstacles are that keep you from achieving fitness goals? We’ve made this list to help you find out!
- STOP dieting – diets only provide temporary results; instead, change what is wrong with your diet and you will see long term, lasting results.
- STOP ignoring pain – it is a sign something is wrong. Fix it.
- STOP making everything else in your life a priority over your own health. It will catch up to you sooner than you think. You were only given one body, treat it as such.
- STOP believing that showing up is good enough – you have to work hard to see the results you want.
- STOP doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result – If what you are doing is not working, find something else that does work. This doesn’t mean following the latest fad, find what works for you!
- STOP following advice from people who are not any more educated than you are about health/fitness. This includes: significant others, family members, news outlets, TV shows, and magazines. Find a credible source of information that you can believe in and trust. Then, stick with that source for the long term.
- STOP doing cardio and skipping strength training – muscles start to atrophy (get weaker) after just 3 days. Use it or lose it.